International Whale Celebration 2011
Images courtesy of Women for Whales
Chris Del Moro, representing Surfers 4 Cetaceans, teams up with Women for Whales as they join forces with global pro-whale groups and local organisations on Jersey, Channel Islands (UK) to ensure that thousands around the world are inspired to celebrate whales – as the International Whaling Commission discusses their deaths. For more information and what you can do to help, click here.
- Film screenings including the UK premiere of S4C’s movie Minds in the Water
- Presentations by the S4C team and other cetacean/ocean campaigners
- Art exhibitions, including One Earth ~ One Ocean at the Jersey Arts Centre
- Surfers paddle-out ceremony for the whales led by S4C (with global surf communities holding paddle-outs on the same day)
- Benefit gigs and open mic nights
- Author talks and book signings
- And much more…
Also in Bing Surfboards Blog
Leucadia will be alive and happening this Sunday, August 26th. All along the 101 highway from La Costa Ave. to Encinitas Blvd, events and local art will be on display. At Bing Surf Shop, we have some fun stuff going on that should help get you to come down and take it all in!