February 19, 2016
Bing Surfboards CNC Operator
Bing Surfboards is a surfboard manufacturer and retail seller of high
quality, made in CA surfboards and soft goods within the action sports
industry. Bing was originally established in 1959 by Bing Copeland and
has a large influence, history and participation within the surf
industry. Our factory is located on the historic “The Hill” in
Encinitas, CA and the retail store is 2 miles away on Coast Hwy 101 in Leucadia.
We are seeking a self-motivated, highly-organized, and detail-oriented
surfboard cutting technician, preferably with some knowledge or
experience with operating CNC machines and/or running a surfboard cutting service.
Applicants must be proficient with basic mathematics.
* Operate CNC machine
* Maintain safe and clean office and warehouse environment
* Conduct daily blank inventory and assist with blank orders
* Receive and organize incoming blank shipments
* Light office management and administrative work
* Maintain dust collection system
* High school Diploma or GED equivalent
* Basic computer skills (E-mail, Word, Excel, etc.)
* Must be able to lift 45+lbs overhead
* Previous or current work in surf or action sports industry
* Shape 3D, AKU, Surf Cad experience preferred but not required
* Knowledge of surfboard manufacturing preferred but not required
* Ability to multi-task and work in various areas of the business
* Prior knowledge or experience running a surfboard cutting service
This position offers 20-40 hours per week. Wages are determined by
piece meal rates. Please send resumes to email@example.com.
March 15, 2023
An Interview with Christian Marcher of Progressive Surf Academy
You’d be hard pressed to find someone more stoked on surfing than our friend and local ripper Christian Marcher. Big boards, small boards, soft tops, surf mats, hand planes, you name it and this guy rides them all at a very elite level. The best part about Christian is that he is always the nicest guy in the water and he pushes the boundaries of what you think is possible on a surfboard every time he paddles out.
With over 30 years of surfing experience, Christian has built Progressive Surf Academy into one of the most well-respected surf schools anywhere on the West Coast. He and his team use a very unique approach that dives deep into ocean safety, technique, and ethics in the lineup that you don’t see anywhere else. Christian delivers a premium surf experience for all ages and has been a part of the Bing family for a few years, so we sat down to chat and learn a bit more about the man and his love for the ocean.
March 03, 2023
February 18, 2023
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more…
To stay up to date with Bing Surfboards, follow us on our social media channels. We post daily, and would be happy to have you join us on staying current with Bing!
Visit our shop in Encinitas, CA!
974 N COAST HIGHWAY 101
ENCINITAS, CA, 92024