WHO: Matt & Margaret Calvani, Mike Black, & the rest of the Bing crew
WHAT: Bing Surfboards, Bing merchandise, Bing book
WHEN: Saturday October 8 10am-6pm & Sunday October 9 10am-4pm
WHERE: Exhibition Hall – Del Mar Fairgrounds – Booth #331-332
WHY: Because surfers really only care about two things; waves and the equipment to ride them with.
HOW: $10 at the door ; kids under 12 free includes SURFER Magazine subscription and door prizes including surfboards…
ATTRACTIONS / EXHIBITS / FESTIVITIES
* Saturday 12-3pm: Mike Black from Surf-A-Pig will be present in the Bing booth to answer questions about his new Bing model, the Feral Pig, and swap stories about pig shapes.
*Sunday 7-10am: Sacred Craft Surfboard Demo featuring Bing Surfboards @ Powerhouse Park, 15th St. Del Mar, CA…come down and try a bunch of different Bing models!
* Tribute to the Masters Shape-off honoring Carl Ekstrom presented by US Blanks
* Auction: Billabong’s Art of Shaping LA County Edition Auction presented by Billabong *Click for sneak preview of Matt Calvani’s Art of Shaping submission!*
* REEF Redemption Sustainable Craft Showcase
* Board Art Benefit in the Art Grotto produced by Matt Beard benefiting Surf Aid International
* Korduroy TV Short Films Lounge
* Quivers Lounge presented by The Soul Project
* Collect-able surfboard ‘Antique Road Show’ Style Expert Appraisals (Sat only 10a-4p) bring your boards!
* Live laminating, shaping, art
* Surfboard demo Sunday morning 7am-10am open to the public
* Surfers Playing Music for Surfers on the music stage
* Food and Beverage featuring PRIMO Beer
* Great deals on surfboards, wetsuits, boardbags and other surf industry goods
For more information visit http://sacredcraftexpo.com/
This is my 8th visit to Costa Rica, my first being back in 2002. Aged 17 I skipped school for two weeks to go on a surf trip with my old man and a group of longboarders from the UK.
We started in Nosara and worked our way up the coast, spending the last few days at Ollie's point. Back then getting round was much more difficult and the convoluted journey from San Jose took upwards of 7 hours. Now you can fly direct to Liberia from London and be in the ocean within 3 hours of landing.