Sacred Craft Consumer Surfboard Expo – Oct 8-9 – Del Mar, CA
WHO: Matt & Margaret Calvani, Mike Black, & the rest of the Bing crew
WHAT: Bing Surfboards, Bing merchandise, Bing book
WHEN: Saturday October 8 10am-6pm & Sunday October 9 10am-4pm
WHERE: Exhibition Hall – Del Mar Fairgrounds – Booth #331-332
WHY: Because surfers really only care about two things; waves and the equipment to ride them with.
HOW: $10 at the door ; kids under 12 free includes SURFER Magazine subscription and door prizes including surfboards…
ATTRACTIONS / EXHIBITS / FESTIVITIES
* Saturday 12-3pm: Mike Black from Surf-A-Pig will be present in the Bing booth to answer questions about his new Bing model, the Feral Pig, and swap stories about pig shapes.
*Sunday 7-10am: Sacred Craft Surfboard Demo featuring Bing Surfboards @ Powerhouse Park, 15th St. Del Mar, CA…come down and try a bunch of different Bing models!
* Tribute to the Masters Shape-off honoring Carl Ekstrom presented by US Blanks
* Auction: Billabong’s Art of Shaping LA County Edition Auction presented by Billabong *Click for sneak preview of Matt Calvani’s Art of Shaping submission!*
* REEF Redemption Sustainable Craft Showcase
* Board Art Benefit in the Art Grotto produced by Matt Beard benefiting Surf Aid International
* Korduroy TV Short Films Lounge
* Quivers Lounge presented by The Soul Project
* Collect-able surfboard ‘Antique Road Show’ Style Expert Appraisals (Sat only 10a-4p) bring your boards!
* Live laminating, shaping, art
* Surfboard demo Sunday morning 7am-10am open to the public
* Surfers Playing Music for Surfers on the music stage
* Food and Beverage featuring PRIMO Beer
* Great deals on surfboards, wetsuits, boardbags and other surf industry goods
For more information visit http://sacredcraftexpo.com/
Also in Bing Surfboards Blog
Bing rider Dean Petty surfs all kinds of Bing surf designs, and this video by Tom Terrell titled, 'Rhythm and Beat' features Dean riding a Bing Pintail Lightweight and his signature Bing Bueno Life Model in cold waters in Nova Scotia. Music by Mike Trask.