January 31, 2018
Bing Surfboards Factory Quality Control/Packing Specialist
Bing Surfboards is a surfboard manufacturer and retail seller of high quality, made in CA surfboards and soft goods within the action sports industry. Bing was originally established in 1959 by Bing Copeland and has a large influence, history and participation within the surf industry. Our factory is located on the historic “The Hill” in Encinitas, CA and the retail store is 2 miles away on Coast Hwy 101 in Leucadia.
We are seeking a self-motivated, organized, thorough individual with experience handling surfboards to oversee quality control and packing for all finished Bing Surfboards.
- Quality Control / Surfboard handling and prep
o Inspect and prep all finished boards to ensure they meet Bing Quality Standards of Excellence.
o Drill out and install leash ropes
o Wipe down, bag, tag, and inventory boards
o Shoot and record photos of each board for website upload
o Overall responsible for safely packing every Bing Surfboard that leaves the factory, retail and wholesale
- Factory Duties
o Assist Production Manager with:
o Assist Operations Manager with:
- Enthusiastic about surfing and positive attitude
- Ability to move and lift up to 80lbs
- Open to working in a factory environment
- Must possess a Valid driver’s license and experience driving van/truck
- Clean driving record with none or minor violations and no accidents
- Experience using basic automatic and manual tools (e.g. Drills, screwdrivers, hammer, etc.)
- Past Experience in surfboard factory/handling surfboards
- Understanding of surfboard production process and ability to recognize high quality standards for gloss/polish surfboards
- Basic understanding of surfboard manufacturing materials
This is an onsite position at 40 hours per week Monday through Friday paid at an hourly wage, determined at the time of hiring.
October 02, 2023
Name, hometown, and surfboard brand.
Josh Peterson, hometown Virginia Beach (born) Haleiwa (currently living), and my brand is Peterson Surfcraft.
When and where did you start surfing? Describe your first surfboard.
I started surfing when I was about 15 in Virginia Beach, and my first board was an old funboard from WRV that was about 7’6” and had glass on thrusters and an insane airbrush.
September 07, 2023
August 22, 2023
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more…
To stay up to date with Bing Surfboards, follow us on our social media channels. We post daily, and would be happy to have you join us on staying current with Bing!
Visit our shop in Encinitas, CA!
974 N COAST HIGHWAY 101
ENCINITAS, CA, 92024
MON - SAT: 10:00am - 6:00pm
SUN: 10:00am - 4:00pm
CALL OR TEXT