January 31, 2018
Bing Surfboards Factory Quality Control/Packing Specialist
Bing Surfboards is a surfboard manufacturer and retail seller of high quality, made in CA surfboards and soft goods within the action sports industry. Bing was originally established in 1959 by Bing Copeland and has a large influence, history and participation within the surf industry. Our factory is located on the historic “The Hill” in Encinitas, CA and the retail store is 2 miles away on Coast Hwy 101 in Leucadia.
We are seeking a self-motivated, organized, thorough individual with experience handling surfboards to oversee quality control and packing for all finished Bing Surfboards.
- Quality Control / Surfboard handling and prep
o Inspect and prep all finished boards to ensure they meet Bing Quality Standards of Excellence.
o Drill out and install leash ropes
o Wipe down, bag, tag, and inventory boards
o Shoot and record photos of each board for website upload
o Overall responsible for safely packing every Bing Surfboard that leaves the factory, retail and wholesale
- Factory Duties
o Assist Production Manager with:
o Assist Operations Manager with:
- Enthusiastic about surfing and positive attitude
- Ability to move and lift up to 80lbs
- Open to working in a factory environment
- Must possess a Valid driver’s license and experience driving van/truck
- Clean driving record with none or minor violations and no accidents
- Experience using basic automatic and manual tools (e.g. Drills, screwdrivers, hammer, etc.)
- Past Experience in surfboard factory/handling surfboards
- Understanding of surfboard production process and ability to recognize high quality standards for gloss/polish surfboards
- Basic understanding of surfboard manufacturing materials
This is an onsite position at 40 hours per week Monday through Friday paid at an hourly wage, determined at the time of hiring.
September 07, 2023
August 22, 2023
August 01, 2023
This winter was hard. Was it for you? Did you get good waves? Did you have big, life-shifting moments? Even if you were in Southern California it was really wintery. The weight of the cold months weighed on me like the snow itself. The deep, heavy puddles didn’t empty until just recently.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more…
To stay up to date with Bing Surfboards, follow us on our social media channels. We post daily, and would be happy to have you join us on staying current with Bing!
Visit our shop in Encinitas, CA!
974 N COAST HIGHWAY 101
ENCINITAS, CA, 92024
MON - SAT: 10:00am - 6:00pm
SUN: 10:00am - 5:00pm