January 31, 2018
Bing Surfboards Factory Quality Control/Packing Specialist
Bing Surfboards is a surfboard manufacturer and retail seller of high quality, made in CA surfboards and soft goods within the action sports industry. Bing was originally established in 1959 by Bing Copeland and has a large influence, history and participation within the surf industry. Our factory is located on the historic “The Hill” in Encinitas, CA and the retail store is 2 miles away on Coast Hwy 101 in Leucadia.
We are seeking a self-motivated, organized, thorough individual with experience handling surfboards to oversee quality control and packing for all finished Bing Surfboards.
- Quality Control / Surfboard handling and prep
o Inspect and prep all finished boards to ensure they meet Bing Quality Standards of Excellence.
o Drill out and install leash ropes
o Wipe down, bag, tag, and inventory boards
o Shoot and record photos of each board for website upload
o Overall responsible for safely packing every Bing Surfboard that leaves the factory, retail and wholesale
- Factory Duties
o Assist Production Manager with:
o Assist Operations Manager with:
- Enthusiastic about surfing and positive attitude
- Ability to move and lift up to 80lbs
- Open to working in a factory environment
- Must possess a Valid driver’s license and experience driving van/truck
- Clean driving record with none or minor violations and no accidents
- Experience using basic automatic and manual tools (e.g. Drills, screwdrivers, hammer, etc.)
- Past Experience in surfboard factory/handling surfboards
- Understanding of surfboard production process and ability to recognize high quality standards for gloss/polish surfboards
- Basic understanding of surfboard manufacturing materials
This is an onsite position at 40 hours per week Monday through Friday paid at an hourly wage, determined at the time of hiring.
September 08, 2022
August 25, 2022
It was the allure of the California Coast in summer that reunited us. The days that stretched on well into the evening, a warmed Pacific Ocean where spring suits felt like enough and shimmering blue-green waves that tumbled onto shore so consistently they felt almost mechanical. Such lucid memories were enough for the three of us, who lived across the country, to reunite in San Diego and prepare for seven days of surfing twice a day up the coast with a couple of Bing Surfboards in tow. The board models we brought were the 9’6” Levitator, the 9’4” Continental and the 9’2” Pocket Knife.
July 21, 2022
At just 22 years old and hailing from a place not known for its surf quality, new Bing ambassador Trip Chandler has put together quite an impressive visual resume riding longboards. In between finishing up college courses you can either find this kid holding a single fin log or a fishing pole, but never without a big grin on his face.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more…
To stay up to date with Bing Surfboards, follow us on our social media channels. We post daily, and would be happy to have you join us on staying current with Bing!
Visit our shop in Encinitas, CA!
974 N COAST HIGHWAY 101
ENCINITAS, CA, 92024